Sunday, March 31, 2019

0 until ..... 7 Days of Grace

7 Days of Grace
Today I’m in Tennessee

Flight delayed. But that’s okay. I’ve waited a lifetime & a few minutes won’t change the wonderful experience this is.

Lets go back to Esther - please read her story or find an audio.

After Mordecai tells Esther that this is probably her time to make a difference. Esther then sends word to him & lays out the plan. She says “even though it’s against the law - I will go to the king.”

Even though the file is sealed. I’ll have it opened.

Even though ...

Part of this journey is realizing my worth. Before my evangelical friends worry about me - I get it. I’m a child of God. I am a beautiful wonderful child of God. But sometimes that seems a bit hard to touch. So for me I identified as their daughter - his wife - their mom - their Mimi. I was a teacher - a principal etc ...

Why do I need to be anything else?

Right after we solved the mystery - I said “what am I thinking - why do I need / want / have any place to identity as a Witt.”  It hurt. Really hurt. I felt unworthy. And it had nothing to do with the actions of my birth mother. It was me. Somewhere in the depths of this soul - I just didn’t know how to feel and what to do with those feelings.

Richard Rohr said:
Sooner or later, if you are on any classic “spiritual schedule,” some event, person, death, idea, or relationship will enter your life with which you simply cannot cope using your present skill set, acquired knowledge, or willpower. Spiritually speaking, you will be led to the edge of your own private resources. At that point, you will stumble over a necessary “stumbling stone” (see Isaiah 8:14). You must “lose” at something, and then you begin to develop the art of losing. This is the only way that Life/Fate/God/Grace/Mystery can get you to change, let go of your egocentric preoccupations, and go on the further and larger journey.
There it is - I didn’t have the skill set but I had been working on strengthening this heart of mine to open completely and just love.

Something in you dies when you bear the unbearable. And it is only in that dark night of the soul that you are prepared to see as God sees and to love as God loves. —Ram Das 


What a grand adventure I am on. Oh and that Witt family? From the moment that the first one found me - there has been a constant stream of Love - Joy - Welcoming. Each one. Each time. 

Do they - does this new family of mine - realize how much they are loved? Do they know how much Love I have to give? 

They do. They know. She knows. 

She knows. 

I found her. And today - I have found me.












Always, May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14.

No comments:

Post a Comment