Friday, March 25, 2011

What's in a Title?

Grace for Greta perhaps is a strange blog name for me....

First of all - grace is defined by Webster's online as unmerited divine assistance given humans for their regeneration or sanctification.  Then we must know the definition of regeneration - spiritual renewal or revival and sanctification - the state of growing in divine grace as a result of Christian commitment after baptism or conversion.

I am not so sure that those definitions help but I do know what grace means to  me - and I do know that I cannot earn grace - it is assistance given to me...and for that I am beyond thankful.

Greta - that's my crib name.  I have known all of my life that I was adopted - really not even joking - it was never news to me.  After I had turned 40 - in fact just a few years ago - I submitted a request to the Hope Cottage of Dallas to find out whatever information was on file about my birth and adoption.  I wasn't so much concerned about knowing who the biological parents were but more importantly if there was any medical information available to me (there wasn't....).  But what I found instead was a wonderful blessing - I found my crib name - the name I was given when my biological mother dropped me off at the agency - the name I carried for the first couple of weeks or so.... Greta.

Grace for Greta started that day when she gave me to the Hope Cottage - divine assistance that intervened in my life and for every moment - every day since grace has been given for Greta.

Oh - and I have always just loved the #4. 

Always,


May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.  2 Corinthians 13:14.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful and interesting story! Beautiful perspective. Blog away girl! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete