Monday, May 23, 2011

Send Support Letters Often ...

I really do have a few more things to write about than USCG Echo 185 – however they deserve one more blog entry.

It has just been a week and I feel as if we have been part of the Coast Guard family for a lifetime.  With the levels of technology we have these days we actually have several ways to “stay in touch”.  Not literally with SR Nephew two – but many USCG families and wonderful people who have been down this road before.  I am finding that I can see God’s grace in so many places.

This evening it was in the posting on facebook on the USCG Echo 185 group page.   USCG moms post information for those of us who are new – and they share great things.  I mentioned in my post that I was “just” an aunt and being a parent has to be even more difficult than how I feel.  My heart strings are just so tight – I cannot imagine how (LynDee & Kevin’s and niece's) the others must feel. 

This USCG mom (since 1999 – how special that she is still taking the time to help even 11 years later…) told me today that “just” an aunt is not really what I am and her son’s “just” uncle had similar responses – she then mentioned:

There are only 40,000 plus Coastie, we are all one big family. Welcome.

I love the word “Welcome”.  Of course we all know what the word welcome means – but I had to see what Websters Online had to say – I like 2 of their notations:

Received with pleasure and hospitality into one’s company or home
 AND
Cordially or willingly permitted or invited

If you have noticed in my previous blogs – this Groves bunch is all about family.  What a blessing to find another family that we can share with – and this one has that same love of family that we have.  What a blessing to be Welcomed into this United States Coast Guard Family.  Thank you Jane & Dawn and others – it is such an honor and pleasure – we accept your invitation & hospitality.

Until July 8th

Semper Paratus – Nephew two


Always, May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14.


No comments:

Post a Comment