Thursday, January 5, 2012

A New Year, Alabama, And a Book


We had a wonderful holiday season.  I especially enjoyed our time at my mom and dad’s new home.  Sharing Christmas with my brother and his family was enjoyable and I am thankful for the time we spent.  I haven’t always been thankful for my brother – it makes me laugh to think about the time that I told my parents “to take him back – he gets too much attention”

my brother Chris, me & my dad & mom in their new home!

New Years was spent at our cabin with our boys – and enjoying the last day of 2011 with James Kelly & Mona Lois.  And I finally got another picture of our kids together.  Look how they have changed!





Top picture 2012, Bottom 2005

The month of January also brings the National Championship – and all the bowl games.  I have loved every moment of all this football.  I just cannot believe that on Tuesday – I will be counting down the days until the season begins again.  It is exciting to have a connection to the National Championship Game.  We have many friends that love the University of Alabama and Son one & I will be chanting ROLL TIDE ROLL on Monday (okay I may have started already).  As for Kerry and Son two – they aren’t quite the obsessive ones that I tend to be.  I have been reading today about the University of Alabama and the history involved with the University is just amazing – I am not so much a history person but I am interested in the history involving the civil rights movement.  I wonder where I would have been in those days...  I would like to think that I would feel as if I do today that we are all equal – I have always been proud that I raised boys who do not see color.  Would I have been like them?  God gave my boys that gift – I am thankful. 

My Bama Stuff!  LOVE this shirt - and check out the cups!

My dearest friends Ross & Jamie gave me a book for Christmas that is just perhaps my favorite gift of all time.  How did they know it was exactly what I needed?  Have you heard of “One Thousand Gifts”?  What a wonderful daily life plan…. The author – Ann Voskamp – also started a Joy Dare for 2012 – visit her website to learn and you can join in too!  aholyexperience.com

5. something you’re reading, you’re making, you’re seeing

I read about the University of Alabama and the events of June 11, 1963, I made potato soup for my boys  (yes they don’t feel very good…) and look what I have been seeing today….


my Christmas plant - blooming in our entry way - from my dear friend Lana....she is a gift.


I would love for you to capture gifts with me….I enjoy my cup of coffee and record my gifts in my journal.  I am quite thankful for the Christmas gift that included this cup & this journal – perfect timing!



 Roll Tide Roll…



Always, May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14.

No comments:

Post a Comment