Friday, December 6, 2013

Parts of Speech

Again lately I have been reminded that our God inhabits praise.  One of the reminders was a message came on a Facebook post by a friend.  This friend is the oldest daughter of the preacher that we listened to each Sunday morning when we lived in East Texas.

"I haven't forgotten to be thankful in the last few days but as I watched so many people struggle with circumstances in various situations, I had to ponder the various meanings behind thankfulness. Scripture says that God inhabits the praises of His people....."

I have written before about Russ Taff's song with the Imperials - "Praise the Lord".  Always before I have concentrated on praising Him and how my life will be if I choose to praise Him.

That's good.





But what about God inhabiting praise?







My OCD behavior caused me to start thinking about the use of praise in this phrase that has stuck in my head.  Our God inhabits praise.  I decided - with the help of my mom - that praise in this case is a gerund.  So what other words might we use in that sentence - let's leave out the subject for now and ponder….

We inhabit worry.
We inhabit busy-ness.
We inhabit socializing.
We inhabit reading, talking, playing, watching, and that list could go on and on….
We inhabit ___________


















Wherever we live or dwell - are we there with Him?

If He dwells (or lives in) praise……. how can we do the same?

Let's multitask!  In the midst of our lives - in the midst of our worry, busy-ness, socializing, talking, shopping, planning, reading, visiting, learning, working - whatever we are doing ---- let's also be praising Him.

We know that God inhabits praise.  So praising Him must be the constant in life.  And even though the seasons change outside my mom's backdoor

our behaviors, our core cannot change.







Always, May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14.

No comments:

Post a Comment