Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Church in the Kitchen

The title was originally Live What I Believe ... but let's be honest - "Church in the Kitchen" catches your attention a bit more!!

Live What I Believe....

Or is it believing what I live?

I think that is where I get caught so many times....

I believe what I am living and that is just not the right way....

I must Live.What.I.Believe.



What do I believe?

That might take a while to answer.  But I believe in Jesus - I believe in His Love - I believe He in his death, burial, and resurrection.

But what do I believe?

If you are joining me from Prepare2Prosper - then you already know about Russ Lee's song - "Live What I Believe".  I simply think it is enough.

Please take some time to listen to the song and particularly the lyrics.

Live What I Believe by Russ Lee

These are the days....Now is the time for the light in us to shine on whoever is around...
One Life Can Be The Proof of the HOPE That Is You!
And LOVE like we mean it...
One would think I would not struggle with this - but I certainly do.  It is because I get the order mixed up.  I start believing what I am living instead of living what I believe.  It takes more work - more study -  more purposeful actions to live what I believe.

When we went to church in East Texas I learned the phrase "having church" - and one can "have church" anywhere that the Spirit resides.  So I can "have church" in my kitchen.

That's what happened this morning..... church in the kitchen.  A rather messy kitchen I might add - Kerry said this morning that he thought we had the pantry in the kitchen - like everywhere in the kitchen.

He was right.

I am secretly hoping the picture is too dark for you to grasp just how much the pantry is in the kitchen!


But before I clean up that mess - it was important to remind myself to live what I believe.

Our M&M jar - one can still find it in the messy kitchen!

And this area on the staircase is free of pantry clutter!


What if I am the one?  What if my light is meant to be shining and I miss the opportunity because I am busy believing what I am living instead of living what I believe?

... hanging on my chalkboard door - maybe it will help me remember!

Church in the kitchen.  I am not sure how one can sing the song and not "have church".  

Now to clean up that kitchen.... and straighten up me to living what I believe.






Always, May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14.

No comments:

Post a Comment