Wednesday, February 8, 2012

B12 & A Woman


We serve an amazing God.

If you are a close friend of mine you probably know that I haven’t felt great in a while.  My family rolls their eyes when I say I don’t feel well.  They aren’t trying to be inconsiderate – but they are right I have said it for a while!  I decided I had to find out what was going on after I gained weight even though I wasn’t eating wrong.  I know that I don’t exercise enough – but I have just really felt like I just did not have the energy.  And I know if I would exercise – I would have more energy – what a vicious cycle.

So these symptoms have led me down every imaginable path.  Several years ago I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes so I really felt like I would find those numbers to be closer to the diabetic range.  I have cut out most sugar, counted carbs and really tried to evaluate what was causing me issues.  There is no doubt that I have to watch what I eat – so I have made more of a concentrated effort to add lots of vegetables and fruits and just do a better job at eating healthy.

Vitamin B12 deficiency.  I don’t know why and we ruled out some of the major causes (Celiac Disease) but at least we can treat this condition.  So shots I will begin.  But that’s not really why I am blogging about this.  (and really – nothing else was a concern, cholesterol levels were good, blood sugar normal, thyroid normal….. )

I have mentioned that I get up early and enjoy this time to be alone in my home when it is quiet.  I enjoy thinking about our 1000 Gifts but I have noticed that I haven’t really been reading an actual devo and looking at His word.  So I found my favorite devo Bible and added that back in today.  It just so happens
the book marker was on a Wednesday.  So I read…..

The devo began telling about this woman who was exhausted and just had no idea what was wrong to cause her conditions – she knew God was in control and her strength grew as she trusted God.  Then the writer talked about the woman who touched the cloak of Jesus.  Matthew 9:20-22 has the account – 2 verses – that’s all.

I want to know more.  I want to hear that woman’s testimony.  What an incredible story she has – she knew that touching Jesus was all she had to do – just touch his garment – and I love what happened next….

Jesus turned – caught her at it. (The message version). 

He wanted her to know that he knew her – He took time for just her.

He wants us to know that He knows when we are reaching.

He turns and catches us. 

Courage, daughter (or son).  You took a risk of faith, and now you are well

The woman was well from then on.

We have faith, we reach to touch Jesus, He sees us – acknowledges our leap and 
we are never the same.

 ---------


Last night we celebrated a sweet girl's 5th birthday.  Her family knows all too well how one can have faith, reach Jesus and never be the same.  We are blessed to call them friends.

Sweet Family!






Always, May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14.

No comments:

Post a Comment