Wednesday, March 21, 2012

New Recipes!

I have a couple of new to me recipes for you ....

Kale Chips from my friend Jamie Thomas

Take a large bunch of kale and separate the leafy part and tear into bite size pieces.  Mix with olive oil and sea salt.  Spread onto a single layer on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with Pam - it usually takes 2 baking sheets.  Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes.  The chips will be crunchy - watch carefully at the end.

Such a cool snack that is so healthy!  Kale is considered a wild cabbage and we only buy it in the organic form because  my perfect health food friend says that experts label it pretty high on the pesticide watch list in its non organic form.  


----------------------------


from my friends Darla Pharis & Xan Holub
Cheesy Egg Bake

This is great to make up and have in the fridge for a quick grab-n-go breakfast, brunch or lunch. It's versatile using any combination of herbs or cheeses you have on hand...a real clean-out-the-fridge type protein dish! Don't let the cottage cheese in it deter you from making this comforting meal...it melts into the batter and no one will ever know it's in there!

Vegetable cooking spray
6 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup flour *** I use my gluten free all purpose flour - I will share that recipe another day.... but it worked great!
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 cup milk
1 cup cottage cheese
4 ounces cream cheese cubed
1 cup cubed sharp cheddar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x9-inch baking pan with vegetable spray and set aside.

In a large bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Whisk in flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, seasoning, milk, and cottage cheese. Stir in cubed cheeses. Pour into greased 9x9 inch pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until puffed, golden and set. Makes eight servings.

Per Serving: Calories 202; Protein 16 g; Fat 12 g; Carb s7 g; Sugar 3 g; Sodium 272 mg
The last time I made it I did not use the cream cheese and I actually liked it better - while I love cream cheese I don't like to bite into a place that has only cream cheese when I am expecting egg!





These recipes will be over on my recipe page in a couple of days.  Enjoy!



Always, May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14.

No comments:

Post a Comment