Friday, March 16, 2012

Maybe I Should Play....

One thing my parents have always known and shared with me is that my biological parents liked music.  I am not exactly sure how that information was shared because I haven't found it in my notes from Hope Cottage but nonetheless - music has always been a part of my life.

My mom made sure I took piano lessons - I even took lessons while in college.

I am really not all that good - and all that I ever really wanted to play was church music.  I guess in some ways that is one of the most ironic things about where we worship now - there isn't a piano for me to play!  But several years ago Kerry bought me a piano.  I don't play it enough but as I was cleaning tonight - I ran across some of my music.

My mom tells me that when life wasn't going just the way I wanted - she would encourage me to play.  My parents had a piano and I would go and play for hours.  I would also have my own church service and sing songs and talk about what the songs meant - how they could help someone in my audience... You know just like they did in revivals and summer camp.

One of my favorite songs - that I am sure I heard first at a church camp is Give Them All To Jesus by Bob Benson & Phil Johnson.


Are you tired of chasing pretty rainbows?
Are you tired of spinning round and round?
Wrap up all the shattered dreams of your life,
And at the feet of Jesus lay them down.

He never said you would only see sunshine,
He never said there would be no rain,
He only promised a heart full of singing,
About the very things that once brought pain.

Give them all, give them all
Give them all to Jesus
Shattered dreams, wounded hearts, and broken toys

Give them all, give them all
Give them all to Jesus
And he will turn your sorrow into joy!






Joy seems to be a phrase that keeps occurring in my writing and reading.  Several things lately have related to joy.  As you know we as a family are participating in the Joy Dare (aholyexperience.com) - and I am saving our comments.  I decided that I could display them in this standing picture frame that my mom got me for Christmas several years ago.  It has turned out to be perfect.  I have copies of our "thankful messages" - pictures - and some quotes.


Probably one of the coolest parts is that when you are standing outside my door - you can see in the side window and read 2 of the messages.










Always, May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14.



No comments:

Post a Comment