Thursday, May 17, 2012

Becki & Her Baking.....

I have noticed over on Becki's FB page that she has some cool recipes - however one day I just happened upon a recipe for Pecan Pie Muffins. I LOVE pecans - and love pecan pie  - but oh wait pie has a crust - a crust is made with regular flour - oops - need a GF pecan pie....

Well - Pecan Pie Muffins to the rescue!!!

I mentioned on Becki's page that I was going to keep the recipe just as she had written it....

1 cup of packed brown sugar, 1/2 cu all purpose flour, 1 cup chopped pecans, 2/3 cup melted butter, 2 eggs beaten.  Preheat over to 330 degrees.  Spray muffin tins real good with Baker's Joy (MUST use Baker's Joy or they will stick!).   ...... (she's away from FB for a bit and comes back) Yes, one teaspoon vanilla.  Stir together brown sugar, flour and pecans.  In separate bowl slowly pour melted butter into butter and whisk.  Add egg/butter to dry ingredients until combined.  Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups about 2/3 full.  I bake regular muffins at 330 degrees for 17-18 minutes and mini muffins for 15-17 minutes.  Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.  If necessary run a knife around the edges and pop out of tins.  I double the recipe and got 12 regular muffins.  - Sorry for the delay....(away a moment and comes back) pour melted butter into beaten eggs.  Geez - can you tell I am a bit rattled.  I will settle down in a minute.  Another muffin might help, wonder how they taste with wine.


I love my friend Becki - her husband is my friend Dee.  Dee hired me for my first administrator job and he was an amazing person to work for and with.  I adored the Didriksens.  Dee and Son two share a birthday!  Becki is a sweet person - and this recipe was shared in the middle of her caring about family members.  I love that she took time to share - and oh my heavens I am glad!!!


Becki’s Pecan Pie Muffins the GF Way! (recipe is posted on the Recipes I Love page....)
Stir together:
2/3 cup melted butter
2 eggs beaten
1 tsp. vanilla

The add and mix:
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup all purpose flour (nearly all purpose GF flour I have that recipe too)
1 tsp Xanthum gum (leave this out if you are making the non GF recipe)
1 cup chopped pecans

Spoon into muffin tins that have been heavily sprayed with some kind of spray that keeps things from sticking (I have used Pam for baking - but check the ingredients.... it has wheat flour!).  Bake at 330 degrees for about 15 minutes.  Let them sit for about 5 minutes after they come out of the oven.  They are done when they look like a pecan pie does.....- remember they will set up a bit as they cool.  he above ingredients make 6 muffins I used the above plus ½ and got a dozen.

However - DON'T use the cupcake liners..... better just to spray!


I miss seeing my friends - they live in the Heart of Texas now...... So glad we have that medium FB to keep in touch (and share recipes!).



Always, May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14.

No comments:

Post a Comment