Friday, November 7, 2014

Do You Talk To Your Plants?

We love plants.

I am actually in my home as I write - I am going to count the house plants we have.  I guarantee I will not get the same number twice.

16 - 15 of those are in the main dining - kitchen - living area.

We also rescue plants.

This one Kerry rescued a couple of years ago - we weren't sure it would survive.  It only had a few leaves - oh how I love this ficus tree!

We also have plants that were gifts for milestones...

My mom & dad sent this one to me when I finally defended my dissertation! That was in October of 2011.  

And evidently we have plants with a mind of their own.  In the photo below notice how the one on the upstairs landing has decided to come toward the light (oh there's a blog for another day...) and is crawling around the deer.  The plant on the right of this picture is a cactus of some sort.  A person I worked with several years ago had several of these and they are easy to share.  In fact I have at least 3 pots with this plant and I think a couple more outside.  They are quite easy to grow - would you like one?


There's another one of the cactus plants with a football decoration.  The plant in the background I don't so much remember the history behind that one but this one in the tall pot - it is from the services for Kerry's grandmother.  That was in April of 2007.

From The Codys when I finished that doctorate!


This final one from our landing the closest plant is the one that is growing toward the light - in the far left background is the ficus tree - on the shelving with the TV is a plant from Uncle Mike for Corey's senior year in football (2010) - then there's a palm tree just to the right of the wooden beam and just to the left of the top deer's nose is a plant from my dear friends who now live in Denison.  That plant was sent to Corey after his football injury (2010).  

Isaiah 61:11

For as the soil makes the sprout come up and a garden causes seeds to grow, so the Sovereign Lord will make righteousness and praise spring up before all nations.


You should read my other blog - prepare2prosper.org - more plant pictures with a history lesson too.

**** 16 - in the dining/kitchen/living area this time.



Always, May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14.

No comments:

Post a Comment