Saturday, June 22, 2013

A West Texas Hotel

Nephew Three's comment was timely, "I love this place." The wind was blowing - the breeze was cool - and one could see as much as they desire to the south, west, east, and north. We were on a mountain - at a friend's house - in West Texas.



I'm not much for being away from home - and I really don't like to stay with others if a hotel is near. I just really hate to impose. But I knew if I didn't stay at this "west Texas hotel" of sorts - I would forever be in trouble.

My dear friends have a home on top of a West Texas mountain near Abilene. It has been our hotel while Nephew Three attended Air It Out football camp. My friends were out of town - but we enjoyed the accommodations!

You have probably seen my friends on TV (if you watch college football...) or at least have seen their oldest son.



But my friends are so much more than parents to those three great men - they are the example of a couple who works every day to live as God wants them to live. They are not perfect - but they strive to live as Jesus.

I love how she has decorated their home. The room I stayed in has this print:



Another I found -



My friend was right - this is better than a hotel. This is a place where one feels love - From my Friends but also from the One they serve.






Always, May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14.

No comments:

Post a Comment