Monday, June 3, 2013

Transaction Failed....

Have you mis - swiped your credit card - tried to cancel and start again only to realize you caused a TRANSACTION FAILED message?



I looked at Kristen and mentioned what I was reading on the screen - she simply said "Did you push the red button?"  I had to respond with "yes" - then she said - "oh we can fix that in just a minute...."

I get the

TRANSACTION FAILED message all the time in life..... The red button I push has many different forms:

driving too fast 
take the wrong road (when I don't listen to the GPS)
eat some gluten
argue with my children
buy a shirt that doesn't really fit because I did not try it on!
smart off to my husband, friend - whomever....
fail to show Jesus' love in the moment when he expects me to

I am thankful that the "Kristen" in my daily life is a Man who hung on the cross for me (and you) - the Man who really did not even wait for me to tell him what I did -  just fixed it all anyway.



Today was a day that I needed that "oh we can fix that in just a minute...."

***a sweet man that I have worked with (okay he's really not sweet but I just adore him) .... I have worked with him since 2006 will now be working at another non-profit organization as their custodian.  It wasn't my decision however I feel a bit responsible (oh because I am one of those people who feels responsible for things that really aren't my cause....).  Anyway - seeing him with tears in his eyes just hurts a bit.  He will be missed for lots of reasons - and one can only imagine how much I did not enjoy cleaning our restrooms this afternoon!

***Our computers acted very strange today - I don't think I should even be specific but I take a certain amount of Pride in being able to troubleshoot a bit of technology and this one has baffled me.  Certainly not a big deal but one that has kind of weighed heavy on my mind.

***Then there's the whole job setting and whether or not I have one story....

***Then there's Son Two who is hurt - but finally on the mend.  No we don't know what happened but  his back was tired of moving!

***Nephew Three is getting ready for camp plus we have some school paper work to finalize with him for next year

***Son One and I continue to have a conversation that is going nowhere but we both cannot quit - we both need to Give that to Jesus (see below....)

***Husband has been working about 14 hour days for about a month - worry about him might just be on my plate too...

At the end of this work day.... I found myself feeling that headache that radiates coming on ...


But the reminder in the grocery store - was enough.



He does fix it all.

I don't even have to tell him that the TRANSACTION FAILED.

He knows.

When I was younger - much - I played the piano and sang in church.  One of my songs was "Give Them All to Jesus".  The words are perfect.


Here's a recording - you will be able to tell just how old the song is.....



I am tired and oh how I dislike starting the Monday at tired.  But that is already passed and now I can start Monday evening - and Tuesday morning - reminding myself that I Gave it All to Jesus many years ago....




Lyrics:

Are you tired of chasing pretty rainbows?
Are you tired of spinning 'round and 'round?
Wrap up all the shattered dreams of your life,
And at the feet of Jesus lay them down.

Give the all,
Give them all, 
Give them all to Jesus:  shattered dreams, wounded hearts, broken toys.
Give the all,
Give them all,
Give them all to Jesus and He will turn your sorrow into joy.

He never said you'd only see sunshine.
He never said there'd be no rain.
He only promised a heart full of singing,
at the very thing that once brought pain.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Side note:  as I am writing this entry - a text message exchange changes so many things that I have been worried about... I am not going to be blind to the fact that they message came through after I was willing to think about Giving It All to Jesus.  





Always, May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14.

No comments:

Post a Comment