Friday, June 28, 2013

Honoring Stay At Home Moms

I did not realize when I said that innocent comment to Kerry that I would be setting myself up for failure most of the day.  I am enjoying my last day of "vacation" - stuck in the middle of a work week before I begin a full time job on Monday with the contractor.  I will be doing the exact same work - sitting at the exact same desk but without the benefits of accrued sick and vacation time.  I am grateful - I am thankful but I will miss the benefits of being a state employee.  So I have today to enjoy......

So I said to Kerry as he was leaving.....I sure wish I would have enjoyed being a stay at home mom a few years ago when I had about 5 months to enjoy it. I would like that opportunity now.



So my day began.....

*Cook Hunter's dog food (we make our own....)
*Edit a book for a friend
*Send an email to a friend about a college plan for her
*Take comforters to be washed (laundry attendant wasn't there so that one did not work)
*Cook pork roast
*blah, blah, blah - there are several more things that I wanted to get done - much more than the 12 hours or so that I had to actually work)


So - our security fire alarm works.


Nephew Three called and wanted me to pick him up from workout - the office called and I needed to reboot the server for our computers.  I put Hunter out, set the alarm, walked out the door - drove down the street......

Came home.  Alarm is going off - Kerry is calling me - house is filled with smoke.

Item #1 - Cook Hunter's food.  Now it was scrape Hunter's food off the bottom of the pan - open the house - let the smoke out.  Cancel the fire department - it was just smoke.

I had started cooking Hunter's food - did not remember that - so I did not turn off the stove.  When I texted Kerry and told him, he responded, Bad form.

This blog entry would be entirely too long if I shared all the things that I have started and forgotten about today (including the pork cooking on the grill - but that one I salvaged).

Hunter

For today I am reminded that I am really better when I am working.  Or at least that is the attitude I will have for the next 10 years or so.  I am thankful that during this time of being in the hallway (blog from 4/22/13 Two Letters - One Message) - I have found a job and will have the schedule that I have found that works for me.  It is not always convenient but it is what our family needs and for that - 

Thankful I Am.  He has provided - once again.



Always, May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14.

No comments:

Post a Comment